Below are details on Football & Cheer assessments for June 4th
- Who should attend: All A, B and C league players! (D and Flag do not need to attend)
* All A8 and A7 players need to weigh-in AND try-out
* Any player new to B or C league will need to weigh-in AND try-out
* Returning players in B and C (i.e.: they are returning to same team as last year) just need to weigh-in
note: All players will need to attend 1 of 3 try-outs (others are 6/23 and 7/25)
- Date & Location: Saturday June 4th 9am @ Woodgrove HS Practice Field
Important: Arrive no later than 9am! We will run try-outs until all kids go through.
- Parents! What to bring: Copy of Birth Certificate & Current Year Report Card - Age and Grade will be verified. For report card, you can use the ParentVue App if you have that on your phone.
- What kids should wear: Shorts, t-shirt and cleats
- NO WALK UPS ALLOWED AT TRY-OUTS! You must be registered and paid in full by June 2nd. Any registration after June 2nd will need to attend one of the other two try-outs.
- Who should attend: Girls who are new to A League or B League only (C League does not need to attend) - note: you will need to attend only 1 of the 3 scheduled (Other dates are 6/23 and 7/25)
- Date & Location: Saturday June 4th 9am @ Woodgrove HS Practice Turf
- Purpose: The Purpose of the assessment is for our coaches to understand each girls experience and desired postiion (flyer, base, spot) and to create a balance of experience and skills across all teams. the goal of the league is safety, opportunity and learning.
For more information, please contact Heather Morga @ email@example.com
The Board of Directors for Ashburn Youth Football League (AYFL), Central Loudoun Youth Football League (CLYFL), Lower Loudoun Boys Football League (LLBFL), and Upper Loudoun Youth Football League (ULYFL) today announced that they have formed an new partnership set to begin in March 2016. This partnership, developed by a working committee composed of members from each league, will be formally codified in the creation of Loudoun Youth Football Association (LYFA). By forming this partnership all leagues agree to operate by the same rules, safety procedures and operating processes. In turn this will allow in-season interleague play as well as an integrated championships at each division. Each league will participate as individual operating entities within the association, retain operational independence, and continue to award separate league champions. All members will be partnered with USA Football.
Chris Butterfield, President of CLYFL said the following: "Being the current and past president of Central Loudon, it truly is the fruition of a dream I had many years ago to see all of the Loudoun County football leagues play together. I would like to thank all the members of the committee that put so much effort in bringing this new partnership together."
"Youth football is the building block for our successful high school programs; with this agreement we are excited to continue and strengthen that rich tradition," stated Mike Groves, President of AYFL.
LLBFL President Gary Kidwell: “Our partnership with LYFA brings back fond memories of years ago when we all played in a County program. This is an outstanding opportunity for us to come together to join forces to build our programs for the future players and cheerleaders of Loudoun County. It has been a pleasure working with everyone on the committee to form such a great alliance that is beneficial to all our players.”
"There is power in numbers. Combining the four leagues provides us with the power to help more children enjoy their experience and reap the rewards of coming through our league.” stated Kevin Keane, President of ULYFL.
With the start of the 2016 tackle football season, more information will be made available from each organization's web sites about interleague games and playoffs.
Stay Connected! Follow the ULYFL on Twitter or Facebook
The ULYFL is excited to announce that we are now on Facebook and Twitter! Please "like" us on Facebook and "follow" us on Twitter where you will be able to find the most up-to-date information about the league. In addition to our website, we hope to use these social media outlets to keep parents apprised of rain delays, scores, important reminders from the league and so much more! It will also be a great way for parents and kids to share photos, ask and answer questions and stay connected.